How do you handle a person that dont care?

I have been married for almost 5 years but every time you turn around it's a problem . I have been told I want a divorce but when he thinks about how much he has to kick out in child support that changes . He has been out of work for about a month now due to a motorcycle accident . He was in pretty bad shape but I was there helping him with the basic living needs that he couldn't do like eat , dress , and go to the bathroom. Since he has been out of work were on the edge of losing everything. And all he worries about is his phone . I forgot to add that he's doing much better now . But me as the one being there I feel like just leaving . Due to being talked about behind my back by him and his family members. I'm tried of crying . I feel like leaving but don't know where to go . Please help with advice .............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• im going thru the same problem and i kicked my husband out and going thru a divorce. i would talk to your local welfare office about safe houses and programs for battered woman, sounds like to me he is emotionally abusive. where im at the have a program cant remember the name off hand but they provide you with a house and whatever you need and some of the requirements is you have to take parenting classes set goals to acheive independence ans so forth...hope this helps
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Have you just set down and talked with him about it? Some men just think it's an acceptable way of life. If you don't say anything then he might think you are ok with being treated like that. Let him know what he is about to lose. Give him a chance to correct things and make them better. If he fails then make plans to leave. Making plans also shows him you are serious about making the decision to go. Look into going back to school or getting a better job. Look into housing and check out the schools in other areas. Even if you don't leave you know you have control over your life and you COULD leave if you wanted to. Sometimes you have to smack a mule in the head to get his attention. (don't smack your mule, just get his attention)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2008