my husband wants me to shave my pubic hair

I will it dosent seem like a horrible thing but I have questions how often am I going to have to shave. also any tips. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• You're going to have to shave frequently. What a waste of time.
    Anonymous

• LOL Be careful LOL. Make sure you trim there before you shave otherwise you jam up the razor! When it grows back it is really itchy so try to keep up on it. You will get razor burn if you have sensitive skin so have something on hand for this. It's really comfortable and you don't have to worry about a bikini line!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I recommend waxing... The first time sux but after that it's not so bad and it will stay SMOOTH much much longger!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Oh goodness me, I used to shave and hated it due to the itchiness as i'd always forget to shave again quick enough! But as long as you remember it's fine!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• (original poster) SabrinaMBowen I cant afford to wax nor do I think I am brave enough i tried it on my legs once and could never do it again.
    Anonymous

• You could try something like Veet or nair... I've used both of those too... Although I prefer to wax I do understand it's expensive. In you shave every day in the direction of the hir growth you should be able to keep it from getting itchy... But it really is an every day thing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Buy a product called Bikini-Zone at walgreens or drug store, use BEFORE and after (every day) you shave, to avoide the itching from shaving your Ho Ha area, Bikini-Zone will also keep you from getting in-grown hair folicles.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ouch! I hate shaving! But I do keep it trimed and shaven around the bikini line. I used to shave more but it hurt so bad and it would grow back the next day...not worth it. My Husbadn likes it when I do shave so I just keep it nice and neat! Just start with a little hair at a time, it might limit the massive razor burn or any itching. Then the next time you shave, shave a little more till its where you and your husband like it.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 6:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I dunno. I did it ONCE for my husband I refuse to do it again and he agrees with my decision.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• if you have the $, go for laser hair. It is supposed to be permanent, but is really not. But it removes razor bumps completely, and makes the hair thinner and soft.

I haven't had to shave on a regular basis for 3 years... but when I did, I was doing it every few days. Bumps are the worst, and the hair grows back prickly... itches to wear underware sometimes.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008