Can I use any condom with the istead cup

i was thinking about using the instead cups to help with TTC. they say that you can insert it after sex to help the semen stay inside. I was wondering if I coud use any condom during sex to collect the semen then put it inside the instead cup and insert it. What kinds of condoms should i use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Almost all condoms have a spermacide coating inside the condoms as well as outside. So I would say NO dont use a condom to collect the sperm. Follow the directions of the "cup" collection your using.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I would have to agree with PP and say no to condoms. Another option would be to manually ejaculate your husband directly into the cup and then insert it or collect orally and then deposit.
    daydreaminmom

Answer by daydreaminmom at 11:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• pre seed sells condoms that have no chemicals whatsoever in them for exactly what you are trying to do. google it, i think there to collect semen for a "sperm test" but i heard many people use them for this.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 12:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2008