Where do you hang stocking when you don't have a fireplace?

We don't have a fireplace in our home. I can't think of a place to hang our stockings. I've tried looking online for solutions, and everyone suggests hanging them in windows... that option is out for us! We have tall windows, and they are blocked by furniture. Anyone have any ideas for me?

LelandsMommy

Asked by LelandsMommy at 5:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• The wall? We have a fireplace, but we use it so hanging stocking there isn't an option (don't want them to catch fire). We hang them on the wall above the fireplace.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't have a fireplace either. I use a shelf. Make sure you find the studs tho! Otherwise it will fall! LOL
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have hung them on the wall near the tree.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sounds really boring but we used to hang them off the wardrobe doors in our room.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We use to hang them on the wall because they are too full on Christmas day anyways they end up on the floor. but if you arrange them right on the wall they look very nice.
    Nascarmom

Answer by Nascarmom at 5:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have a little counter between my kitchen and living room and I take the weighted stocking hangers and line them up so they hang off that counter on the living room side.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I was thinking of hanging them on the wall over our heater, or maybe on the banister going upstairs? Thanks for asking this though, it's a good question! I like the other solutions too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Hang them on your banister.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Well when I was a kid we had a huge fireplace and mantle, but my mom would only hang the stockings there before Christmas...but christmas morning when we would run up stairs they were stffed full and in our chairs at the dinner table, where mom had am amazing breakfast. We always loved having are stockings there! Maybe you could hang them on the stairwell or use them as decoration until christmas. If no stairs then even on the lower part of the christmas tree, well depending on how big they are. Seriously though when you fill them up on christmas eve or christmas morning put them in the kids chairs or on the sofa where you will be opeing gifts! Make a new tradition!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 6:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I use the weighted stocking hangers on a shelf in the living room.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008