Are you ready to talk to your kids abt sex??

I know I am not. tho I still have time to think it threw...Im killing myself to find the right words.

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 10:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, whenever she is ready.

I am already talking to my 11 yr SS. His mom has told him nothing and SO waits until he asks. Unfortunately, there are kids in his grade that are having sex and 1 that is pregnant.

I plan on arming him with enough knowledge so he doesn't have to find out by acting on it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm not ready and she is only 2 1/2 and she still thinks boys have "tails".
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yes
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My child is 6 weeks old. I'd talk to her about it but I doubt she'd understand.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's hard to talk of something that one that yough don't understand. Maybe U should wait untell it is a ?
    helpme77

Answer by helpme77 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have been talking to my son about it since he was 6, he is now 14. It has always been age appropriate and according to what he is asking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Mine is only 5 but we have an open dialogue even from this early on. She knows that men and women have different organs, that having babies requires sex, about periods, about how babies develop and how they are delivered. I think that having this lays the groundwork for future conversations. I will never lie to her if she asks me a direct question, or dodge it either. I will always try to find a way to explain what she is asking in a way that she can understand.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011