Baby weight at 2 1/2 mths

My baby boy weighs over 14 lbs and is 2 1/2 mths. Should I be concerned? He's BF during the week and formula on weekends when I work.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i just did the math on this and baby is just fine. If he was gaining 2 ounces a day he would have gained 9 pounds some ounces so you are well within the healthy range.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes, I would be concerned. It sounds like he is getting overfed. Someone is mistaking his cries and fussiness as hunger possibly. How much did he weigh at birth?
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 5:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• 7lbs. 14oz.
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 5:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• NO!! A baby should double his birth weight in the first 3 months... At 2.5 months he only 2 weeks away from that 3 month mark... He sounds to be healthy! When he goes for his next apt ask the dr.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• that sounds pretty good. My pediatrician said she likes to see babies gaining at LEAST an ounce a day and can go up to 2 1/2 a day before she gets concerned. I had a preemie who was 4 pounds twelve ounces and is now like your child 2 and a half months old and is 10 pounds. Our pedi says he is right on track and since yours was three pounds heavier than mine and is gainign at about the same rate it seems fine to me. I know its kind of shock when you buy all those cute little outifts and realize they have outgrown them long before they have worn them all. If only they could stay little :)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sounds a little bigger than my 2 1/2 month old, but mine is a girl. I think your baby sounds pretty healthy. I'd ask your pediatrician if you're concerned.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my daughter weight that at 4 months. might want to talk to the ped doc and as them what they think
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 6:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I wouldnt be worried. My daughter was 6.15 at birth and 10lbs even by her 1st month check up. By 3 months she was 14 lbs. Thats perfectly normal.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• he is just fine, do not worry!!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My son was 9 lbs. 4 oz. when he was born, he is now 4 months old and weighs 16 lbs. 4 oz. te doctor says he is completely healthy. How long is he? Mine is 25 inches long, he's not fat, he's just long and big, completely healthy though.
    Hallk09

Answer by Hallk09 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008