My daughter normally goes to bed at 7...she's been sleeping since 5! I'm worried :(

My 18 month old didn't take her full nap today and we played most of the day so at around 5 she was really grumpy, i put her in her crib and she cried for a second but went right to sleep. I figured she'd wake up at 6ish and play for a while and then be down for the night but she's still sleeping and it's almost 11pm.

Should I be concerned?

I've checked on her several times, she seems to be resting nicely...no fever or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't be concerned, My daughter is 15 months and does that time to time. It is her body catching up on some sleep from not having a full nap. If they don't get a full nap and play hard they normally crash hard too :)
    kuddlygrl

Answer by kuddlygrl at 10:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Mine does that when she is getting ready for a growth spurt.

Last night she fell asleep at 4 and slept until 8 this morning.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Leave her sleep. She is obviously tired, she be prepared for an early morning.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No...I wouldnt be worried at all. It happens every now and then.
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 11:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• nothing to worry about ....untill n unless the child is crying or have fever...just relax
    ritu1234

Answer by ritu1234 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Sometimes children play hard and long. Her body needs the rest. Now if she starts doing all the time I would seek medical advice. Other wise she will be just fine but expect an early morning.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 5:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i wouldnt worry at all since you checked on her and she has no fever. my two year old daughter has spent the whole day playing just like your baby did and she missed her nap as well and she went to sleep at 5 and slept till about six the next morning. I wouldnt worry
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It is normal, but be ready for a really early morning.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011