Raising funds for a worthy cause - ideas question

My family & I are participating in the Relay for Life for the first time this year. What are some ideas of ways to fundraise? I was thinking of a bake sale at church if the pastor agrees.

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 10:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• That is perfect.

Just a couple more ideas since you asked. 1. sell or make ahead some specific theme gift baskets, and have a raffle ticket drive.

2. Dog wash, car wash, even milk companies have joined efforts to make fundraise by letting the fundraiser use the milk to make extra for a worthy cause. (where we live)
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Thanks! DO you think if I asked a local business of my husband's job to match our donations they might? I am sooo new to this.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Bake sales. Rummage sale. Make gift baskets and have a raffle. Bowl a thon. (actually did one of these to raise money for MS).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• TYFRY what was the bowlathon like? DId you do this at the local bowling alley and how did it work? Thanks
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, it was at a local bowling alley that was a sponsor. There were a group of people who went out and got sponors, donations for prizes and raffles. Each bowler had to raise a minimum of $50. There was also a bake sale during the bowl a thon. It was a lot of fun.

Also, the high school my son goes to is big on community service. Each student has to do a big community service project their senior year, one girl did a bingo night. She charged $15 for 10 games, $1 for bingo dabbers. Then she had food available for purchase. Just things like hot dogs and chips, baked goods, soda,coffee, tea. She had use of the school for free, school parents donated baked goods and she got businesses to donate products and gift cards for prizes. Not sure how much she raised though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Bake sales are always a huge hit! Car washes too.
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 11:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• that i an awesome idea but since were talking bout health maybe you should do that and also make some bake goods that are diabetes safe like ones with splenda or even make some all over healther bake good
    -ivannabitch-

Answer by -ivannabitch- at 12:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Ivanna... I would have to have healthy snacks because of cholesterol and diabetes and such- Juts not sure hoe much money I can put in to do this. Maybe I can see if my team will go in with me.
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I got some diabetic recipes for desserts anmd such. My DH is type 2 diabetic. nLet me know
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• MichiganMom- that would be great. Let me know if you have recipe ideas for things that would work, maybe snack type toods? I love shishkabobs using fruits & cheese but the sticks can be iffy with little kids possibly getting hurt with them...
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2011