Pumping

How do I pump for my son before going to work when he drinks all the milk? I hate to give him formula, but theres no choice.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 5:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• you could try the tricks to increase supply and or pump on breaks at work. There is a law to protect women who chose to breastfeed that says the employer MUST allow a certain number of breaks to pump at work as well as place to do so I think. It might help you keep on top of his ravenous apetite. And don't feel bad about formula every once in awhile. Hundreds of thousands of babies use formula as their only source of nutrition and sustenance and are perfectly healthy gaining weight properly and all that jazz. I forced nursing for weeks longer than I should have despite it not working for us. I did so because of the pressure and guilt trips society puts on the mother who gives her baby formula. You are doing right by your baby by trying to keep up with his breastmilk intake at work but there is nothing wrong with giving formula when yuo have to and dont let anyone tell you different
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008