Do you get a day off?

Does anyone's SO/DH let them have a day or a couple hours to not do any baby/kid stuff?

lexiej

Asked by lexiej at 3:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well my ex and I don't live together and I have our daughter most of the time. But on Wen. he usually takes her until the next day.
    jvann1

Answer by jvann1 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• LOL day off what is that? Nope I certainly do not get one at all
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 3:42 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My "few hours off" is when I go grocery shopping lol. I've told my husband that is time that I want ALONE. It only takes me a half hour to shop (if I went in and got what I needed and got out), but I'll stay there for closer to two hours sometimes. We also both get a couple of hours of a break on Sunday when we go to church because our son goes to the childcare to play. I don't know that I've ever gotten a whole day, but I also don't think I've ever asked for a whole day or really wanted one.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• No, the only me time I have is after I get the kids in bed.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no. i didn't even get to give birth without having to watch my daughter. lol.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Um...that would be a big fat no LOL BUT, in his defense, my DH is deployed with the navy until the fall. If he was home I'm sure I'd get some time to myself...but for now it's just me and the kids. :)
    ilovemyjob

Answer by ilovemyjob at 12:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes! Sometimes my hubby will let me drop my son off at his work so I can go to a doctor's appointment, grocery shopping, etc all by myself! :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• During the school year I get Tuesday mornings off you can say. I bowl in a bowling league with my mom and grandmother. My mil watches the boys during that time for me. Other that that, I try to go to the store once in awhile by myself but no whole day off here.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I get lots of time off! My boyfriend is soooo great! This weekend I get to go get my nails done and get a facial. Then I get to have my daughter while my boyfriend washes and cleans out the cars. I love him so much! He always makes sure that I at least get a couple of hours a DAY to either take a nap or play on the computer. He's such a great guy!
    EmmysMom85

Answer by EmmysMom85 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• OMG! I could NEVER do it all alone! Thankfully, I have my hubby to take our boys out on errands...he even took our 6 year old to the movies last week...just the 2 of them! As it is we do not have any extended family or friends (the kind you can count on and actually trust to watch your children) near us, so it is just the two of us raising our boys. He has also watched them when I would go shopping, get my hair cut/colored, and whenever I needed some "ME" time, ever since they were infants...diapers, feedings and all, from the get go! And our children are a handful, as they are both autistic! I have no idea how the rest of you manage!?!?! God bless you all! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008