What do you do with pennies you find?
I put lost&found pennies in my dd piggy bank

Hatsumomo

Asked by Hatsumomo at 11:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I give loose change to our daugter who rolls it and it goes in her savings account.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I collect them for awhile. My rabbi collects found change & gives it to tzedakah/charity when he collects enough. I think that is a great practice.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Unless it's an old one or a wheat penny they go in the change bottle like everything else.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I put all lose change that I find in a jar that I keep in my pantry. Once it is full I take it to the bank and cash it out. Surprisingly, I always get a lot more than I think is in the jar!
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 11:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• they ususally are found in the dryer... I have a jar down on the dryer where I keep the spare change...lol sometimes I like to think that they are tips!! haha
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• piggy bk
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Put it in the change jar
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Honestly, I haven't had change in a coupe of years. I don't have cash on me, I pay for everything with the bank card. I round everything up so if something is $22.76 I write $25 in bank book. I have almost $1000 extra in the bank and it's all "loose change".
    Anonymous

• At my old job, I used to give them to one of my patients (an older mentally handicapped man) who lived and breathed for pennies. He would bum change all day long from us, but asked specifically for pennies. He would have GOBS of them in his pocket every night, and once he fell asleep, we would put most of them in a jar for him, but leave a few for him to start the day with the next day. Well, when we went to cash them in for him, we found out that over the course of several months, he had managed to get us for something crazy like $100 in pennies and coins! LOL! Not bad! I think he ended up getting a couple outfits and a coin purse! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My six year old likes to earn pennies for his toy ATM. He does a small chore that he should have done anyway (ie put his plate away or his clothes in the hamper) and he gets a penny. He thinks its fun to hear the "ping" of the toy atm and it keeps me from nagging at him. Hey helps everyone out for...um pennies. ;)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2011