Replacing the swiffer cleaner for your own natural one. How to do it?

Hey, I just bought a swiffer so i dont have to wipe a dirty mop around the floor. My only problem is that i planned on emptying the solution that comes with it so i could put my own natural cleaner in it but i cant seem to open it for the life of me! Is there anybody who has a solution for my problem. Thank you.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 11:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol well I know where you're coming from...those are soo hard to get off!! In the mean time, just use a spray bottle to put your own solution down...
    FYI, to be more environmentally friendly, we dont buy the swiffer pads....I have a bunch of old towels cut up into the perfect rectangles to fit, and the swiffer has velcro on it, which helps hold towels in place, then we just wash them when we're done!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Maybe not what you are looking for, because I have no idea how to refill the bottle, but I use my swiffer with wash cloths and whatever cleaner you want to use. I just put a few washcloths in the sink with the cleaner, and take the used ones straight to the washing machine when I change the rags out. Saves money on refills, plus I think washcloths get more stuff up.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I use vinegar and water on our floors; I use a rag, and usually wipe with my feet (I am kind of lazy)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011