Japan has 2 reactors melting down CNN is reporting

Here is a "reputable" ( and I use that loosly) news site reporting that japan is rushing to save lives and possibly has 2 reactors melting down. If that reactor hits Lava which is close to the surface in Japan or under it. will the uranium hitting the lava pool cause a super huge nuclear explosion?? Food for thought.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

vbruno

Asked by vbruno at 11:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I hope not they have gone through enough
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ohhh my goodness I hope not, they have been through enough!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• So the sea water coolant isn't working? It was earlier.What happened since then?
    Anonymous

• Japans got a long history of hiding facts about disasters. Google the news coverage for when Japans reactors opened. NOT todays news coverage. They give you a tour and tell you what Bldg's are and that one that exploded was a damn core bldg. They are evacuating over 180 thousand people around the plant and have 9 people with radiation exposure. The Bldg that exploded? That WAS a Core Bldg. Their nuclear plans DO NOT look like American nuclear plants. Sucks to be living in Japan, but it's WAY on the other side of the world from me, Thank God. I dont have to worry about the radioactive steam they are releasing into the air blowing down on me.
    vbruno

Comment by vbruno (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Every country in the world has gone through enough disasters. No one deserves that kind of trouble. If they melt down more than Japan will be affected. Not to mention the economic recession that will follow on it's heels. And NO ONE needs an even worse economy than we have now.
    vbruno

Comment by vbruno (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2011