Due date ,maybe mix up??

okay, my original due ( has always been) June 11,2011. Ive had lots of ultra sounds done due to the fact that i had a previous miscarriage. Well i've moved and had to change doctors . Last Friday i had an ultra sound and he said the thing showed June 1st, 2011.

Then he was like it shows june the 1st but we're gonna keep it around the 11th since that was your original due date, but i was like .... whaT? whY? If the baby seemed larger and more progressed ,like that ,makes no sense? the doctor seemed pretty old fashion , he was like a retired doctor at the health department.

Does anyone else like know why he'd say that? im so cunfused?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Early ultrasounds are more accurate. It's normal for a later ultrasound to be off whether it be a weight estimate or due date.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, because due date are ESTIMATES and can be off by about 2 weeks. My original was June 24, then June 29 and I had my son July 4. NO ONE should be given a due date but a due time...beginning,middle or end of the month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ok thanks mommies !

but i just turned 27 weeks today, and the baby was opening and closing her eyes..... and he was like hmm thats early.
    i hope im not late! when do you think she;ll get here?! im so nervous about labor!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Mine did that too. First date March 24, 2nd was March 19 and third was March 11 lol They aint exact and baby could also just be big. :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i would say stick with the date from your LMP... or early u/s. it could be that baby is just bigger or "advanced" in there... my girls were all small and they wanted to move my due date BACK (so say from 6/11 to 6/20)... but i knew when i got preggers.
    didn't matter for me anyhow, all 3 were early!
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011