My 4 year old son had a red patch on his head it is about a nail size and there is no hair.i noticed it when he was 3 months old but yesterday for the first time he said that it paining .....i m really worried.

the spot is red in colour and last 15 days i noticed that there r small red spots at the roots of the hair but they r not painful.....pls help me

ritu1234

Asked by ritu1234 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would see the doctor.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If it's gone from painfree to painful then I'd suggest you take him to see his Doc

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• do you think it could be his birthmark??? I have no clue, but just get it checked out by the dr, and if it's sensitive to the touch, offer him a cold pack....

using a cold pack tends to make the blood not gather in that area, or atleast do so in a smaller manner, therefore causing less pain to that area....hang in there mom!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would be upset and scared too. I am not sure I could wait but I would call his doctor right away. My mind would race with thoughts from bad to worse. And I have for varous different things that came up. Of course you will see the doctor. Until then if the pain is worse or it changes in size, color, ect...if it were me I would be at the ER. But I also panic. So act calm, even though it is scary, and make it to the doctor's office. If changes happen go the ER or urgent care.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• thans a lot........definetly i'll take him to the doc ...to the skin specilalist .
    ritu1234

Comment by ritu1234 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• call his doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 16, 2011