Im so sick of.....

Is anyone else past due and having their mil trying to get them to do anything to induce??
I already tried the castor oil, i was 6 days late with my last son and tried a tons of things with him too. We live together and everyday she's telling me what she knows works (even though i say she doesnt know it all ( she never carried any of hers full term, but now she knows everything about inducing) anyways she texts me today to tell me she talkedto a midwife who is 100% sure of a way to have the baby tonight and that is to mow the lawn. I didnt respond bc my husband and i clean absolutely everything in this house while she does nothing but sit in her room and smoke cigs. So then her husband starts texting me telling me they have a 'for sure' way to get me to go into labor."garanteed" he said. So, now i'm really annoyed, I text him back and say im not mowing the lawn, so he says how about cleaning the gutter or trimming the trees then. I got furious and said way to try to use the pregnant woman in the house. He says not using you helping you. I said we help all the time with everything around this house. SO my so and i take our son for a walk around our park and his mom calls me again and proceeds tgo tell me she doesnt understand why i wont just try to mow part of the lawn. UHHHH HELLO bc i dont want to!! I am sooo iritated right now, I told her no I am not going to and to stop bothering me about it, he will come when he's ready. Is anyone else going through things like this with their family/friends???

tracys_75

Asked by tracys_75 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Man- I would be so pissed off. Mow the yard!? No effing way!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'd tell them to mind their own F'en business!!! The baby will come with he/she is ready!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• and "cleaning the gutters".... what a freaken idiot!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• That castor oil? Could kill your baby AND you!! Its lethally toxic when you take to much and a few TBS is a toxic dose. LISTEN to what your DOCTOR says, NEVER what family and well meaning friends think will help. BTW? washing your floors on your hands and knees as long as the Dr says it's ok will almost always start your labor. Best of luck.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• OMG!!!!! What a quack!!!!!!!!!! OK so don't they know that yea maybe cleaning the gutters or trimming trees will induce labor BUT it will kill both of you if you fall off the ladder or a branch falls on you!!!!! WOW IDIOTS!!!!!!! Sorry not to talk crap about your hubby's fam but wth!!! But if you do want to, which it doesn't sound like it, having sex can induce labor its not the poking, its the "sperm" that can get the water to break when the wall is thin enough to! Don't listen to them! Just tell them that you don't want him to come early if he doesn't have to and if he has to your doc will induce you duh!!!!!!!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• yes, we still have sex. i personally think he will come when he is ready and there is no actual way to induce i think its just timing.
    tracys_75

Comment by tracys_75 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• family always thinks they know everything so they will hound you until you try what they tell you, i was late with my daughter by two days and i had everyone and their brother giving me advice on what to do.
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You have to be careful with castor oil. I have a friend that is an OBGYN and she says not to do it. Please check into it before you do it again. If you want to there are herbal teas you can drink and stuff but if I were you, I would tell my MIL to shut up. ;) Good luck to you!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have not tried te castor oil again, nor do I plan to. I'm just going to wait it out. Just really annoyed of how much pressure inlaws put on me. And them thinking it is less stressful on me when in fact it just adds more
    tracys_75

Comment by tracys_75 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Not that this should make any difference, but have you been complaining about pregnancy, wanting to be done? If you are, try to not complain around her. She might think she's helping you. Of course, even if you ARE complaining about it, once you say no to her suggestion, she should drop it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011