Lasik Eye Surgery

Anyone have it done? I need to but my DR wants me to wait until I'm 30 (6 more yrs) But I get nervous about anything coming close to my eyes.

Just want to hear about your experience.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 12:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• My DH and SIL had it.... they both LOVE that they had it done. Doc gave them Valium so the "things going near your eye" part wasn't a big deal.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have been a receptionist for an optometrist for 5 years now....we do make refferals for lasik, if the patient is asking for more info about it or if we are recommending it. I know from experience at our office, that Dr's that do the lasik offer free consultations. Also, just recently in our area, they were offering a free conference on lasik, where you go and ask all the questions you can possibly think of. I know that if you do have lasik, there are follow up appts that must be kept. Also, they will have you get eye exams every year for follow up. I can say there are pro's and con's to the surgery though...some of the pro's are obviously, that you wont need glasses or contacts anymore....con's are that you could....and it's not guaranteed that you will have perfect vision afterwards.. additional lasik surgeries may be needed to keep your vision improoved. Just check it out and see how you feel after the consult. good luck!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well the thing about a consult is that I won't need one for some years. I still have 6yrs before I even have the surgery and I'm sure from now till then things will change.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no they won't do it on me because I am diabetic but I have heard both sides some people are very pleased with it and others are not.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My nephew had it done and is very happy. He too was nervous but the meds make you relax.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You can go as per the doc...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011