Tattoo question...

I am considering my first ( and only) tattoos...

I was alwasy kind of against them ( on me, but I like them on other people) , but now for the last year I have seriously considered getting it done and my husband says if I want one then he will take me to get them done for my birthday that is coming up.

I am going to get them done on my foot. They are basically "honoring" my son and daughter.

I cannot decide if I want 2 tiny ladybugs or 2 little dragonflies... and so I am asking opinions on which is better.

I was thinking of getting the 2 little ladybugs ( about the size of my fingernail) like they are "crawling" on my foot ( one slightly behind the other) .... but then my friend said that seems kind of funny to have a "lady"bug representing my son ( which i think is kind of funny and I wouldnt see it that way) ... Also when I become an old lady I think they could easily be disguised as age spots lol ..

I thought of the dragonflies because my mom has one on her foot ( with mine, and my kids names in the wings) ... I would get them too small to put names in them, I would just want some detail, one being a pink fading into a light purple and the other a light blue fading into a light green .... obviously they would have to be bigger than the ladybugs, but I would have the same concept of them on my foot, one slightly in front of the other...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• well I bet that would be cute... Another idea is vines....with their names branching off of the leaves :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Why not 1 of each for a boy & girl? Foot is a good choice. Always think how they will look when your 60. Nobody wants their pretty unicorn tattoo to look like a retarded giraff 20 years after the fact. Tattoos are FOREVER and laser removal is expensive and VERY painful
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• In your case, I like the idea of the dragonflies.

I'm got a ladybug on my foot with the words "More than my own life" trailing behind it, to look like it's where it "walked" across my foot. My oldest DD's nickname is "Bug", so it makes sense. I'll get another one somewhere else for my youngest DD, I just haven't figured out what/where yet.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Not really a fan on the foot representing your children. Sorry.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm not really into tatoos
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I like the dragon flies idea...stick with your original idea!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I agree what about going one of each, a lady bug for DD and a dragon fly for DS. I am not one for putting names on tattoos, so that is not something I would do. I have a friend who put her DS birth month flower on her back, it looks very cool. I also have another friend who did her zodiac sign with 3 music notes for each of her children. The music notes were shaded the color birth of the kids birth stones.

For me I am getting a paint brush with a yoyo coming off it for my middle child, theater masks for my oldest and I haven't figured out what to get for DD yet.

good luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011