What is the best way to help a baby with a belly ache?

my son gets them and screams his head off until i either lay him on his stomach or give him a little bit of sugar water.

LandynsMommy11

Asked by LandynsMommy11 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is it gas??? if so, use mylecon.... also working their legs out can help relieve tummy aches :) Good luck!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i have no clue what it is but he does it even after i burp him and everything
    LandynsMommy11

Comment by LandynsMommy11 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I try warm baths with my 6 week old. It works until we get out, then she starts crying again.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Sounds like gas. I recently leared from my Nana that gas can travel thru your body and seeing my daughter suffer from it i can tell it hurts them. Try a little baking soda and a little bit of coke. don't dilute it. But don't give them too much. he will either burp or pass gas or do both. And then monitor what you're giving him. It might be to heavy for his stomach.
    mzangie1011

Answer by mzangie1011 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• They have warm pad like things u fill with warm water and u can lay It on his tummy. That might soothe it.
    LiviandEmmysMom

Answer by LiviandEmmysMom at 1:03 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• You should ask your doctor. Depending on his age there are different options.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Try gripe water. It's what I use for my 6 wk old, and its all natural and you dont have to worry about overdose. I give it to my son and 15 minutes later, he farts really loudly, poops, and falls asleep. They have a brand called little tummys and you can find it in walmart in the pharmacy. also you can find fair trade gripe water in your local organics store if you prefer. best of luck!
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 4:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011