Do people really think like this still?

i was at parenting classes (just to brush up on a couple things) it was full of mothers and mothers to be, along with their SO's,so we go on break to get water and let the mommies to be go to the bathroom and i come across a conversation talking about the "strange" couple in the class and how many tattoos and piercings they have. and then one of the older mothers were saying how they cant be good parents ever because they are covered in "ugly" tattoos, i must say their tattoos are gorgeous, the mommy to be in that couple has a lotus with a pentagram and a butterfly landing on on her shoulder in pinks and purples, she also has no piercings other then her ears,her boyfriend has the bands Slipknots symbol(its a 13 pointed star) on the back of his neck with his best friends name that passed away in a car accident last year and then has his 1 y/o daughters foot prints on his ribs, i dont know if they have other tattoos or anything since i just got into the class but i dont think anything is wrong with those tattoos at all

do you think those women gossiping about that couple were a little out of line?

and do you think that whats on or in a persons skin depicts what kind of parent they are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I doubt that tatoos say much about parenting, unless it depicts violence, or some parenting philosophy. I don't agree with the gossiping, but whatever you put out there for the world to see, you've got to expect to get some response.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• lol and thats why i have no tattoos im to sensitive
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Wow, I really despise people who judge a book by its cover, and don't read the book to actually know what its about. Just because you have a tattoo doesn't mean that your a bad parent!!!!!!!!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• they were a sweet couple to! none of the other moms would talk to them except for me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think they were being very judgemental and stereotyping but we all do it to some extent. I don't think having tattoos makes someone a bad parent! I have one (a small heart with my sons name over my heart) and my husband has 3. I think there are some bad tattoos out there that can show someone is not a very good person but I don't think that can even make them bad parents per-say. I bet there are more bad parents out there with no tattoos then with tattoos!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think their gossiping was incredibly close-minded and immature, not to mention inappropriate in a class like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• People are frightened and or scarred by things that are not like the majority of other folks. Tattoos included. If they had that many piercings and Tatt's Id be wondering what kind of jobs, if ANY these 2 could ever get to support a child through it's life. As an older woman who's owned businesses, I NEVER EVER hired people with Tatt's and piercings that showed in business cloths Why? Whoever I hired represented MY company and ME. Think what that says about a business if you have Tatts and piercings all over your face, neck, body that shows. Kids like that today are just screaming for attention. NONE of them EVER thinks once about what those things will look like in 10 or 20 or 30 years. Your pretty unicorn Tatt today, will look like a retarded giraff in 20 or more years. The spider web on your neck you think is SOO cool now will look like cob webs when your 50.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Those women were ignorant! I don't pay ppl like that much attention
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Tattoos don't make you a bad parent. Being a judgemental b**ch and teaching your children to judge people on how they look does.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• just because you have a tattoo does not make you a bad parent. those women sound like judgemental busibodies who need to take a look at their own lives and what they are presenting to the world.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2011