Will I gain weight if...

I'm a 20 year old female and I'm 4'11" and weigh 86 pounds, I'm trying to gain weight for a while now but I can't so I was seeing if I temporary eat bacon,sausage,biscuits,whey protein shakes will I gain weight. I do need fat on me cause I have no fat like my tummy is completely flat, my ribs don't stick out, but like I'm so tiny and I hate being so small. I'm also TTC so I have to get fat on me so do you think that if I eat those foods everyday I'll gain weight?

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Just eat lots of pasta, potatoes and bread. You'll gain your weight. Those protien powders/shakes are voodoo poision and NOT FDA regulated. Wish I could easily give you some of my extra weight! LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:40 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Honestly prolly eating healthy and letting your body stay at the weight it feels comfortable would do more for you trying to TTC than to eat a bunch of crap just to gain some weight.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would be more worried about what those foods would do to your arteries than the actual weight it might make you gain.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• eat anything you want when you want it. they say you gain weight if you eat and go to sleep after. and eat after 8 too.
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 3:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

minki111

• 4'11' and 85 lbs?...you're just "slightly" underweight, Your "healthy" weight range is 88-120lbs. I wouldn't eat all that crap, that's for sure....it'll do more harm than good.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Saturated fats are NOT the way to go if you're trying to gain weight in a healthy way. Try adding nuts, avocados, and other healthy sources of mono- and poly-unsaturated fats to your diet, as well as lean proteins. Adding bacon and sausage and refined carbs will only up your risk of heart disease, which being skinny DOES NOT exempt you from. Exercising and doing some strength training would be good, too, to keep you healthy. You won't bulk up, but it will help keep you toned with the weight you're putting on.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Eat carbs
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Healthy fats like avocados, nuts, olive oil, fatty fish etc. don't eat bacon and such just to gain weight as it'll clog your insides up even if you're not overweight.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would stick to more carbs.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011