Is it normal my 20 month old DD to be so shy

She hides behind me when people talk to her..even family members..But, Not her Daddy or Brothers.I remember my mom telling me I was shy till I was about 8 years old..She will even cry when her paw paw talks to her and hides..I think it is his deep voice that scared her.

newbabystarr09

Asked by newbabystarr09 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 18 month old boy is extremely shy. We have him in gymnastics and he just wants me to hold him for the first 30 minutes of the 45 minute class.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes very normal. Even well socialized baby's are shy around some or all people.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, some people (babies as well as adults) are more introverted. I am! After getting off the phone, I am tired. My husband who is more extroverted, is like energized from being around others.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• That's prefectly normal. She may outgrow it. with paw paw have him keep trying to social with her. She will get use to the voice and you may find he becomes her best friend. My neice did.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 5:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Very normal.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011