How do I get my 9 month old to nap longer than a half an hour?

My baby goes down for a nap with no problems (at 9:30 and 2), then he wakes up after 30 minutes almost on the dot. I work three days a week and when the nanny is here, he sleeps for 2 hours in the morning and at least an hour in the afternoon with no waking. We are trying to do the same exact nap routine. I don't know what to do to get him to sleep longer. He does it for other, just not me (or my husband). Help!

samsmama77

Asked by samsmama77 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ur nanny isn't probable doing house chores and is playing with your child alot more. The more you play and interact with your child the more wore out they get. my son is 4 and has never naped very good for me but naps great at school and for babysitters because he plays harder so I have started to play with him then when he naps I do my chores around the house or if I need to get the chores done he has helped me since he was 1. It really seems to help.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If you work away from your baby that could be a reason that he doesn't sleep longer when you're home. He's so excited that he gets to play with his mommy (or daddy) he doesn't think he has time to sleep. For my little boy I use a Humidifier or Air purifier in his room. It helps drown out sound outside the room. It really helps my little boy to sleep longer.
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You have to make them tired. My daughter goes to daycare and she doesnt nap to much at all at daycare. Dont even believe she takes nap. When she is home with me on the weekends she naps for like 2 hours, but I also tire her out.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• your baby could just be happy to have his momma home, and not want to sleep, take it as a compliment
    LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE

Answer by LuVzLiFeMoMwIfE at 11:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2008