Itch during period. adult content

Does anyone else get an itch during that time of the month? I just noticed lately I've been getting an itch for the first couple days of my period. It isn't a burning itch, and it isn't bad it's more of like a tickle, it only lasts for a couple days in the beginning, and I have no other symptoms. TMI but could it just be an irritant of the blood flowing down? Or should I start to worry? Like I said there are NO other symptoms and it only happens during the first few days of my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• Where's the itch occurring? That might help narrow the problem down if there's a specific area you're referring to. Generally, blood flow can sometimes cause itchiness due to the hemoglobin. In labs, when a blood analysis is done, the blood is centrifuged (shaken in a circular motion) to separate the hemoglobin from the other blood components.This is roughly the same effect after running or jumping up and down. The hemoglobin may not be the cause though. It could be many things, such as low platelets which can cause ITP, idiothrombocytopenia purpura. Next time you see a doctor, I would mention this symptom.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I noticed that I itch a bit with my periods after i had my son. I think that the tissue just became more sensitive after giving birth, and extra fluid will irritate it. I try and wear only cotton underwear during that time and change the tampon/pad frequently.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I do sometimes I talked to my doctor and he gave me a prescription to use and it has helped tremendously
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011