Ok here is my Question I have really bad allergies an i have alot of mucus an on top of that ive got a cold an i keep spitting up all the time snot an blowin my nose an my grandmother thinks its bad for the unborn baby.. i really would like to know if it really is bad for my baby?

Suzzii

Asked by Suzzii at 6:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no not really everyone gets sick wqhen they are pregnant it happens and some get worse then others .. lol she cant expect you to be 100 % healthy as nice as that would be
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My friend was born without her k-9 teeth the doctors blame it on the fact her mom had a sever cold, I cant remember what it was but I do know that my mom worried just like your grandmother!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• what.... ? no.... but it would be better for you both if you could feel better, and not have the stress of fighting a cold on your body. Try using a neti pot.. it helps clear out all the mucus and crap from your nasal cavities. also, try xclear.. its an all natural nose spray that helps when you have a cold, allergies, and sinus infections.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 6:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It would be worse if you took something medication wise that's not on the approved list. Have you seen your doctor about your symptoms? The only thing that could be bad is if you are not getting enought air- which you would know.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• LOL its bad for the baby that you have allergies and a common cold? Gotta love the old school grandmas and mothers. It's not going to hurt anyone. Maybe make you uncomfortable but it wont damage anyone. You can take claritin for the allergies and straight tussin cough syrup for a cough. Pineapple juice works REALLY well at drying up the sinus cavities. If grandma contunies to hassle you about ask her what exactly does she propose you do about it? There is no cure for the common cold or allergies. Only treatments for teh symptoms
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Ever use a Neti pot? You can get it a health food store. They look like a tiny tea pot. You can google it and check it out. I use one every day and it helps with my sinuses better than any medication ever did. And all you are using to clean your sinuses out is saline, home made salt water
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008