What part time jobs are available in MD if you can only work certain hours while your children are in daycare? And don't want to pay late fees, early drop off or extended pickup fees?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What part of MD?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Fort Washington
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• By my calculation,,,, I should be able to work from 10am to 2pm. Since school is from 9-3. But I need to be able to make enough to cover 2 tuition, car insurance and gas, etc. I've checked but the jobs I found weren't paying enough to cover everything.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Some bank teller jobs might hire you for a shift on those hours. You might also consider working for a daycare center where you concurrently enroll your children. That way you can watch them and other kids and get paid for it. Some centers like La Petite or Bright Horizons hire a lot
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I worked retail for almost 15 years total. The last few years I was a manager overseeing 15+ people. Worked 5-7 days a week and over 60 hours weekly (paid for only 50). I know that it will be hard to find. But I am a hard worker,,, always have been. Even if I could put them in school 3-5 days a week. During the week my hours are limited since DH works until atleast 5pm or 6pm. I can pick up extra hours on the weekend when DH is home from work.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Look at care.com for ideas. There are many jobs posted and some might fit into your schedule. Use the pulldown to see the job categories and then search by zipcode. I think you are close enough to DC that there might be many possibilities. Also might want to check indeed.com
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks @ elizabr
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Do you have any education or experience? You are not going to find a well paying job at just 4 hours a day without any kind of education or experience...the world just doesn't work like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011