How long is my breastmilk good after...?

... it has been frozen, then warmed up and gave to him? I have 3 oz. that he didnt take, but I hate to waste it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Toss it, I'm pretty sure you can't put it in the fridge then heat it again.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think it can last 1-3 days depending on if you refrigerated it again.

Check out this site for some good guidelines - http://www.justmommies.com/articles/breast-milk-storage.shtml
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think once you heat it up you have to toss it if your child wont drink it. I could be wrong.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• An hour.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:38 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It is only good for one feeding. So in the future, try only freezing 2oz at a time so you can just thaw out what you need and its less likely to get wasted. This is one discovery I have made and it was a life saving discovery lol. I was so tired of wasting like 3 or 4 oz at a time! now, i just take out 2 of the 2 oz bags, cause i know he will eat at least 4 oz, and if i need more, i thaw it out!
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 4:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011