Would you like to own pets or not?

Nitestalker

Asked by Nitestalker at 1:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pets

• Yes, but can't handle losing pets so I'd rather not have one. Pessimistic, I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We have always had pets and will continue to do so. In our family, we aren't complete unless we have a few little furries running around the house.

To Anon above: We have had a very bad couple of years with pet death. Since April 2009, we have lost 7 pets...1 brain embolism, 1 cancer, 5 old age. And although it was so very hard...we know that we made their lives rich and full and they did the same for us. :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• AllAboutKeeley I agree and think that pets are fulfilling but I just don't want to go through all that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have pets so yes :) I have one dog and 2 cats...I lost my other dog to cancer in November. very hard, but what you have to remeber is there are so many animals out there desperate for a good home. They don't understand about death and dying. the only thing they know is love. It's selfless to give a pet in need a home :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:43 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes we have pets now and will always have them
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We've always had pets. DH and I got our first 2 cats together just weeks before our wedding 19 1/2 years ago - we rented our first place together about a month before we married - we didn't live there till after the honeymoon but spent a lot of time there moving in and setting up - I know my parents were happy to get all those shower gifts out of their house LOL. Anyhow - we went ahead and got kitties and soon after a pup showed up stray. And that's how it all began! LOL This year, our 14 1/2 yr old pug went missing the first week of January. We'd had him since he was 4 1/2 weeks old - I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with our daughter. I miss him so much - he was the best "dog" ever. We still have a Jack Russell/Pom mix - and 3 cats - a seal pointe siamese who thinks she's the ruler - a long hair solid white huge male and a young solid black long hair female - ALL of them are non-reproducing lol.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• well in a way i do, because i love animals...love em to death, but in the biggest way i dont, because i get so attached and something always happens to em. And i just dont wanna go thru tht kinda pain!!
    MommyRach0810

Answer by MommyRach0810 at 4:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love pets, but we are in an apartment right now, we did have a dog that i had to get rid of, that was so hard but i made sure she went to a great home and she has tons of room to run and they love her just as much as we did. I sure do miss her though.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't imagine my life without cats. I know that sounds stupid, but I have always had at least 1 cat (and usually more). My life doesn't feel complete without them. Meow.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:20 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love our cat and realize that when we get the backyard fenced and ready we will be getting a dog (hubby and younger daughter are dog people). I don't mind most pets, but I will not live in the same house as a snake or a rodent (mice and rats).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011