Im 15 and pregnant and not sure where to go after my baby is born what should i do?

im 3 months pregnant and not sure what to do after my baby is born. my mother offered for me baby and father to live wit her but my mother is an alcoholic and abusive (physically) and im livin with my aunt till my mom gets back form iraq. my aunt will not let me stay here after the baby is born and i do not wish to live with my mother cuz i do not want to put my child in that situation also my boyfriends(father) parents offered us space and support in their homes. what are my rights as a 15 year old in Ohio? and should i try emancipation? i heard that i can choose where i want to go when the baby is born. is that true? please help im scared and desperiate.

mommy.at15

Asked by mommy.at15 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you already being pregnant at 15 is not going to show a judge that you are mature to take care of your self and no not really you dotn have much of a choice your parents are responsible for you til u are 18 not much you can do im sorry but ive worked with social services and CPS before nothing you can really do but go home to your mother or foaster care if she is how you say or if she lets you your bfs parents or even your dad
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• There is alot of state funding things in my state for girls in your situation. If your mother doesn't care, try to get assistance and get a place just for your family. If the fathers family is supportive talk to them about it. You need to surround yourself with postive people and look at life positively. Don't stress over little stuff it's not good for the baby. I had my son at a young age and at first my family was very unsupportive but once they saw my son and seen how happy his father and i were they began to be very loving and supportive!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• && im not saying that there is something wrong with you beign pregnant young i was 17 but i still messed up i had to stay with my grandmother who was my legal parent but in my case i turned 18 a month after my son was born so i left in this case youll just have to deal with your mom get her to let you go else where at 15 yes you can chose who you live with but that is for famiyl not jsut random people but im sure if you talk to her you can go to ur bfs
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I would just discuss with your mom staying with bfs rents. Your absolutely right you dont want your child to be in that situation and in the end if your mother were to come back and abuse yuo CPS would remove you and your child and would try a place you someone who would voluntarily take you rather than going through the hassle of finding a foster home and potentially filling up the spot for a child who truly doesnt have any place to go. Shoot for your bfs.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I thought once the baby is born that legally she can leave? I don't know but I would try to live with the boyfriends parents, it seems like the safest bet. You should try that. Why won't your Aunt let you stay once the baby is born but she will let you stay now?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sweetie, I am not going to sugar coat this for you. You are pregnant and unfortunately, you are no longer a child. So my response is going to address the adult you, not the 15 year old.

Having a child is one the most rewarding, fulfilling, loving, difficult, scary, hardest things anyone will ever do in their lives. I know because I am a parent. There are so many things you cannot plan for, and again, I know this because it happened to me. Your first order of business is to secure a safe place to live during the pregnancy and after the birth. It sounds like the boyfriends' parents are the best bet. Second, get help through medicaid to ensure proper prenatal care. Third, your high school education and go to college. You are going to have assume for the moment that you will be solely responsible for raising your child.

Good luck.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Being pregnant and 15 is tuff. Not many people can do what your doing and I am glad to see that you are taking responsiblity for your actions.But reading about your mother. I would not go with her unless she is willing to change. But if your boy friends parents are openly and willing to take you in. I would really consider that. I think that it is up to you as this childs mother to make the right choice in what you think is the right living situation. I don't know about cutting off all ties with your mother because you never know when you are going to need her. But look into your rights. If you really want to know what they are I would ask it never hurts. But good luck and if you need some one to talk to, you are more than welcome to come talk to me. Just remember this is going to be the hardest thing you have ever done. But the most rewarding at the end of the day.
    TrevorsMommy507

Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• SO my thought is..Will your mom let the Boyfriends parents be your legal guardians? Or is YOur Aunt?I think she can give them premission if she IS your legal guardian...i know your scared.Just try and not to stress to much and talk to any type of local group you can..
    Anonymous

• i would say the best bet is to stay with your boyfriends parents. i was 14 when i had my son and i had to go through the same thing and i ended up staying with my boyfriends parents and everything was ok also he was older than me so we got on government assistance once he turned 18 and got our own place and they didnt have a problem with it and now iam 17 so good luck i hope the best! also if you need someone to talk to you can message me i know exactly what your going through! congradulations on your lil surprise!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 8:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008