do you think marriage changed ur relationship..if yes how/why

how you/ he act now,
doing things together,
talking,
anything big or small

sammy04k

Asked by sammy04k at 1:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes we're closer and he's definitely stepped up to the plate and really grew up!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 1:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Marriage changed us both for the better! It is NOT just a piece of paper, we finally both became a TEAM and truly commited to each other for LIFE!!
    diana3

Answer by diana3 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• MARRIAGE CHANGED US--NOW WE CANT STAND EACH OTHER, NEVER COMMUNICATE, NEVER KISS, RARELY HAVE SEX, NEVER DO ANYTHING AS A TEAM BECAUSE HE IS SO PICKY. IN OTHER WORDS SAYING I DO TURNED EVERYTHING 360 IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.
    gale12

Answer by gale12 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It ruined it for me. It turned the relationship into an obligation and not a choice. His attitude changed and he began treating me disrespectfully. Something about signing your name on the dotted line turns some relationships bad. There seems to be more of a respect for each other when there is a chance they could just walk away without legal and financial entanglements, imo.
    None of my grown children are married. They have chosen to live with their SO and rear families in an equal and loving partnership without a piece of paper that says they have to be there. No domestic servitude for them. I'm very proud of how well their relationships have survived and they all still like each other. No fighting. No drama, just respect and compromise. That's impressive and they don't need a piece of paper for that.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2008

• marriage did a 360 on our relationship. he always called me his superwoman. bought me a cd just to get the song "amazed" on it. said i do. never sit together on the couch anymore. had to do all house work and yard work by myself. he was always tired. never would i have thought he would talk to me the way he did. rarely had sex. i had to initiate it. always watched movies to after midnight every night. never come to bed when i did. never looked at me when i got out of the shower. never said good morning/night. never kissed except before sex. ended up recenty seperated because he talked to his ex wife more than he did me. that was not the whole reason but read the book "his needs her needs--how to affair proof a marriage" if you will do those things both you and him you should be okay. we did all those things dating but they all stopped when we said i do. marriage was the worst thing that ever happened to us
    Anonymous