I want to have an abortion

OK please do not bash..I am not n the position to have another baby right now...birth control failed and im pregnant only 7 1/2 weeks. I was wanting to get an abortion and was wondering if anyone knew ow much it cost..I also have medicade..does that make any diffrence? I already kick myself so I do not need your help.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know exactly how much it will cost for you because it depends on your region. Planned parenthood and most other clinics will have a standard rate and then discount it for women of need, such as women on medicade, military, or students. Your best bet to find out how much it costs is to google Planned Parenthood and Women's clinics in your area. Planned parenthood you may have to call for a price. Some places put their price online. I do know the sooner you do it the cheaper the procedure. It becomes more involved and difficult with the more time that passes. I am sorry you have found yourself in this situation, and I know how you are hurting. I have been there too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• In all honesty I wish you would rethink this but I am also 100% prolife, I will not bash for it's your body your choice, but I don't think God would have given you a human being if he didn't think you could handle it. I do not know how much abortions cost but I do know that when my brother knocked a girl up he gave her over 300 dollars to have an abortion. Have you thought of maybe adoption. Again your body your child, but I honestly don't know! You can probably get that info from a planned parenthood.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 3:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i think the baby chooses the parents but just look online theres free clinics out there but that baby is already pumping its own blood and is alive soo i hope u rethink this
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It depends on how much, if any, your insurance will cover...check with medicaid first....they will be able to tell you how much it will cost. After you obtain that information, check with Planned Parenthood or whatever clinic you choose to go to on their prices. I have good insurance, and when I was 18, I had an abortion and it cost me $150 out of pocket. Often times state aid can help cover the costs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I also wish you'd rethink your decision. There are many couples out there that I'm sure would love to have to opportunity to adopt your baby. I believe all life is precious and it begins the moment you concieve. Just because you don't feel your ready to take care of it doesn't mean you have to just "throw" it away.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 8:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• if you want medicaid to pay for this, you need to have the baby and put it up for adoption. i've never heard of medicaid paying for an abortion.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:20 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Please think about your decision. I had an abortion at 7wks 6days. If I had done my research on fetal development as well as the physical, mental and emotional effects of abortion, I never would have done it. I was convinced, by family, my BF at the time and the clinic, that this was a "mass of tissue" and that the abortion would have no "lasting effects" on my life. They were all wrong. Had I even known that my baby had a heartbeat and was moving around in my womb, I would've jumped off that table and I'd have a 6yr old right now. Please visit my journals as well as my groups, ABORTION REGRET (owner) and LIVING WITH THE DECISION - ABORTION (admin). There is a ton of helpful info and lots of support in both groups. Also, feel free to PM me for anything you need.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 8:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• This is the OP..I do not think I could let the baby grow inside me then give it up for adoption..I would keep it I would have grown to attached. I called medicaid this morning and there is a program that can finacially help me. I feel terrible and all my life I was against abortion until I got put in the situation. Please do not bash me or make me feel any worse then I already am...I feel terrible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'm sorry your going through this... I don't know what your going through so I'm not sure how you feel.. Go to a qualified adoption attorney and look into open adoptions.. I'm not going to bash you because you seem to be in a tough situation but I hope you'll consider this option.. Think of how happy you'll make someone by giving them this ultimate gift..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 8:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• To the OP,
    You need to stop reading these answers. You've already looked into finicial assistance. You will feel guilty about having an abortion, but reading these will make you feel worse. Many women who have abortions regret it after. Many women also look back and know they made the best decision. People who don't know you can't adivise you on this situation. I'm thinking about you and praying for you and want you to know that there are people who understand how difficult this and see that there is no easy answer.

As far as I know medicare never pays for abortions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2008