Do you hope Japan recovers?

Or do you just not give a crap? So far all I've seen are people complaining but the US helping Japan and how they'll recover before Louisana ever recovers. I mean...does anyone actually care about these people or are you that selfish?

I care. I have a friend in Japan and I'm worried about her and her baby. Plus I like Japan and I like the Japanese. So I do hope they recover and I hope that the casualties aren't too large.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I care about the people. I wouldn't want my own family to go through such tragedy and would not wish it on anyone else.

However, as long as the car manufactures are out of business, gas prices will drop...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I care, but to be honest I think we need to handle issues on the home front first before we offer aid to other people. That is just my opinion. Allies or not, home is home.

It's clear their situation is tragic. It's a horrible situation. Unfortunately I just don't feel like the USA is in any position to offer any other countries support at the moment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, I hope they do recover. It won't be overnight but just like LA they'll slowly rebuild. We had fam in Japan and HI. But luckily everyone is accounted for,,, so far. I would hope that no one is that selfish that they wouldn't care. But I'm sure that there will be a few even if they don't admit it on here.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Nothing bad happened in Hawaii, btw. =) Maybe some waves and a few crashed boats but that's it. Everyone's safe as far as I know, and I live here! GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:35 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Lol. Why did I get down voted? Sheesh people. Letting someone know that there's not any damage here when concerned about their family in the state I live in!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well, I think it is rediculous that people wouldn't want the Japanese to recover! I am currently living in Japan, I talk to Japanese people everyday! For the most part that are sweet, generous people! Yes, there are those who look at me and my family and wish we weren't here, but for the most part we have had no problems here! I agree that maybe the US isn't in the best position to help right now, but we can't just sit back and watch especially with the military presence we have here!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think because people here are on their periods 24/7
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Honestly some people are so rude! Of course I want Japan to recover asap! We have so much here in america and we have to lend a hand to any one in need.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I can't believe you'd suggest people wouldn't care. It's horrific. Wow.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I believe you were talking about my post. It had nothing to do with whether I care if they recover because I do care and I know they will. They've done it before. I was complaining about how long it takes us to recover and feel we could learn a thing or two from the Japanese because they have their shi% together. As far as having a period 24/7 I'm afraid those days are gone for me. Maybe you might want to read the post again.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2011