What can I do to let my husband know that I respect him?

My husband is constantly saying that he feels like I don't give him enough respect. He is a chef and works long and hard. I often rub his back and do special things for him that he likes. He always says that he feels like as though I don't show him enough respect and love...what can I do?

AirPixy

Asked by AirPixy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• ask him what he wants...you cant be a mind reader...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Do you get any quality time or is it always family time? Maybe do more with just him. I loved getting cards from my son's father when I was feeling down! I always bought him flowers and it made him feel like I really did care about him!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have a tendancy to tell my husband is doing something wrong when it comes to our daughter. Sometimes he puts her in funny mismatched clothes, doesn't bath her "right", or doesn't feed her the things I would. He started asking me if he should do this or how to do things I knew he knew how to do. I realized I was being really critical and backed off. Now when he doesn't do things my way, I just take a deep breath and let it go.

Good luck! Thats really nice that you care enough to put some effort into it!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree -- ask him what exactly it is that he feels you are not giving him respect. What you could be doing differently or more of. You can't read his mind.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Jc i do that too,

But seriously Poster ask your hubby what makes him feel this way.,
    dont ask him what he wants because its obvious he wants TLC, but...ask him how do you make him feel like this when you dont mean too~ and your not trying to put him down and let him feel as if you dont love and care for him,
    Anonymous

• giv him head grl lol
    Anonymous

• I'm with bonnie-jo. Ask him what would do it for him. What kind of proof does he need?

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Definitely ask him what would make him feel respected but also there is a great book called "The Five Love Languages" . I give it to every newly engaged couple I know. Another good one is "Personality Tree" but that one is a bit of a dryer read but still good.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My BF has a job where he works long hours and is really stressful. I leave him little notes sometimes of how I appreciate him, love him, how good he looks...etc. I also take care of little stuff like making sure his uniform is clean and leave him dinner he can heat up when he gets home.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I would ask him also. One thing I do for my dh when he works long days is sometimes I stick notes into his lunchbox, just stupid things! And I'll send him texts sometimes during the day, just to let him know I'm thinking of him. I also have my son make him little cards and pics to tell him how much he loves him. Oh, and sometimes I come up to his work at lunch time with a special 'home-cooked' lunch... I'll make something he really likes and run it up there.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008