TTC Question: Hoping someone has had a similar experience and ended up preggo....Lots of info; sorry if it is TMI.... adult content

Hello All-

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several years now. And, currently my cycles have been falling on the 28th of each month; lasting anywhere between 7- 9 days from start to finish. This past month my period came on that day (02/28-p.m.) appearing to be of a normal flow. However, it only lasted 2 days {Monday 02/28-p.m.- Wednesday, 03/02-afternoon}. I then spotted lightly for 3 days {up until Saturday, 03/05} in very small amounts.

In the interim, I have had moments of tiredness, shortness of breathe in walking up stairs, thoughts of apple pie, bouts of bloating/gassiness, headaches with a stuffy nose (more than likely a cold since it is the season), moodiness and have noticed that I tend to be very hungry; particularly at night. There have been no notable signs of nausea/dizziness yet. SO, I decided to take a HPT this morning (03/12); in which it was negative:(

I tell you all that to ask this, 'have any of you had similar experiences; and then later found out that you are pregnant?!'

TrustingGod101

TrustingGod101

Asked by TrustingGod101 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry to say that I was also negative. What I learned is that the more I was trying to get pregnant, the more in tune with my body I was, and the more I thought what was otherwise normal was a possible sign.

I will tell you though, that after trying for 2 years, we gave up. I stopped thinking about it, stopped "trying," and actually worked to forget my cycle. I learned to enjoy my life again. When I had finally done it-- became content with the idea of not having a biological child... I found out I was pregnant.

While hearing "relax" makes you want to choke the person saying it when you long for a baby, remember that stress does increase cortisol in your system. So while you are working to having a baby-- be sure to do something to relax as well so that all the hormones in your system are balanced.

Good luck!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Not all women test + on an HPT when they are pregnant. We had luck using an ovulation predictor kit. DD is now 14.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thank you all for your suggestions. I have one question pertaining to the ovulation predictor test; "JSD24,'how did you get a positive on pregnancy though using one of those kits?!' TrustingGod101
    TrustingGod101

Comment by TrustingGod101 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I tired for #1 for 8 years, and if there's one or two things I've learned is that every woman out there has weird/odd/off cycles. And that when you are TTC, everything is a sign. Even normal every day things.

As for OPKs, what they do is help you pen point when you ovulate during the month. Charting your temps does as well, and charting your temps gives you the bigger picture. Both ways helps to tell you when you ovulate and the best days to have sex.

Good luck
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011