Ear piercing

Im going tommorrow to get my 5 month olds ears pierced. any suggestion? how did you handle the pain for you

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would ask if they have 2 people who can do one ear each so it's all done at one time. Good luck, mama :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I've never done that to a baby. My older girls got theirs done when they were old enough to decide for themselves (10 yrs+)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i took my daughter at 4 months, i just made sure that both ears got done at the same time..and i had a bottle ready for just incase..LOL..but i honestly didnt need it..she cried for 2 seconds, and i think it was just cuz there were 2 strange woman surrouding her! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• its over in a sec, my 4month old didnt even cry, shes 5yrs now
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would wait until she could make your own mind up if she wanted them pierced or not
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I had my daughter's done when she was 4 months old. She cried for a second and that was it. I gave her a bottle and then she was fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Suggestions? Yes. Take her to a licensed piercer that uses a piercing needle rather then a place that uses a piercing gun.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We made both of our girls wait until they were old enough to ask for the piercing and care for their ears. If you are worried about the pain with an infant I would give them some children's Tylenol beforehand.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2011