Whats the best way i could flatten the tummy at home?!

i was curious what i could do to flatten my tummy roll at home. i dont have money for a membership and gas is way to expensive for me to travel for a babysitter to watch my son. for once i want to look good for the summer since ive had my son. i havent had any desire to get back into shape since i had my son. the reason why i gave up excericing in the first place is because i wanted to be a good mommy and also that i had a kid i didnt see a reason to stay in shape. i thought what guy is gonna want me if i have a kid. well me and my boyfriend been together for over a year now and im tired of my roll. so please help me if you can. im not sure if theres a videos at the library that i can use without having to go buy a ball or dumb bells or something to go along with the video. please help if you can. thank you!! :)

shellychivell

Asked by shellychivell at 3:27 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Ouch the plank excerise looks like it hurts but worth the pain. i found this link online that shows you how to do it and had a few others you could try http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html.
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 3:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• There is NO reason to buy anything or go a gym. Sit-ups are really good for tighetening the abs, but also just watching what you eat until you lose some weight will help enormously. I ride a pushbike and don't have a car, so I ride everywhere, and watch what I eat. I've had six kids, I'm about 160cm and 50kg. I don't work out, just stay active and eat well.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• (that's 63 inches, 110 lbs)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:34 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• haha thank you cause i was like uhh...lol and i use to run everyday and did sit ups everyday. maybe if i started doing that agian it would help alot more...thank you!
    shellychivell

Comment by shellychivell (original poster) at 5:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Do Plank Exercises. AMAZING core and Ab workout. And no extra "equipment" needed, just you and your floor.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/abs here's a website full of videos I used after my dd was born.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 2:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I agree that being active and watching what you eat will do the trick. You have to lose the excess fat, and no amount of crunches will do that. So that's the first component. Cardio, strength training (your whole body, not just your abs), and watching what you eat will make a huge difference. Core exercises will strengthen your abs and give you more strength for everything you do. I've started eating clean and running, in addition to my usual cycling and strength training, and I've lost 50 lbs so far doing this.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Planks
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Crunches. The library should have DVDs/video you can rent. You should also be able to find some on netflix and youtube.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• steam engines are fun, at least for me. google them.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011