What does a normal day for you consist of?

what do you do throughout the day on a normal basis? working and sahm are both welcome to answer this question. Add your children's age and sex if you're including activities involving them. Do you get enough sleep or is your schedule too busy? Single mom or do you have a partner to help out?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 5:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• i am a single mother of a soon to be 3 year old. i work thirds and only get sleep on my days off. i spend time with my son playing "monster" games (tickle monster or imma get you monster), also reading, helping him with his colors, letters ext. we play with his toys too. my boyfriend spends time at my house and we all tend to pick on each other all day everyday. we also go to the library alot.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have a 14 yo DS, 12 YO DS, and a 9 YO DD. So during the week I am up at 6:00 with my middle one, he leaves for school at 6:50, DH brings him. Then other son and DD get up and they get ready for school. I bring DD for 7:45, then back home for DS. The rest of the day is spent cleaning, shopping, or doctors appointments, basically whatever needs to be done. Then starting at 2:00 I pick up middle child, bring home, pick up DD then home for 1 hour to start supper before picking up oldest.

Once home it is supper then evening activities which include, soccer practice, yoyo class, meetings, soccer games. I usually have very busy days and by 9:00 I am ready for bed.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am a SAHM on the weekdays it consists of getting my oldest up eat breakfast and out the door for school and then deal with my toddler--bath, breakfast, a couple activities on the computer, a little TV play a few games and in between all that get my housework and laundry done
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am a WAHM, my weekdays consist of - getting up at 4:30 to start work @ 5:00- waking the kids up at 6:00 to get them ready to leave for the sitter @ 6:30. (DH takes them) I work uninterrupted from 6:30-1145, then I stop to go pick up my son to take him to pre-k, I get off work around 2:00- go to the gym and then pick up the kids. Dinner - stories - tv and bed.
    my kids are 5 and 3
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I work outside of the house as a special ed teacher, tutor part-time at night, also attend school full-time, homeschool my oldest, and I'm in my 3rd trimester, so I miss a LOT of sleep every week.

Usually I wake up at 6 and start my hair. Nudge LP periodically to start getting the girls around...which honestly, he is not a lot of help...I still end up doing the hair and outfits at least. I have to have the kids loaded and ready to go at 7. Drop them off, and then I'm at work until 3, or 3:30 if I stay late to grade or plan. Pick up the girls if LP hasn't done so already. I go home, get through some of my daughter's school work, and then I start dinner and housework while LP finishes up the schoolwork. After dinner, I try to finish the little bit of cleaning that HAS to be done and start baths. LP stays in there to finish and get them ready for bed, and I use bath time as my peace and quiet to work on my own school work. cont
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• although I usually try to at least get a head start on my schoolwork during my lunch break at work. After the kids get out of the bath, we will all cuddle up on the couch and watch something. If I am still not done with my homework, I will bring my laptop to the couch and continue to work. Once the kids are in bed, I will take my sleeping pill and take a shower while it kicks in. Then if LP "wants some", I swear he better get there before my head hits the pillow. LOL!

On weekends, I usually try to do things that will help relive some of my duties during the week. I try to get ahead on housework and my own schoolwork. I do my daughter's lesson plans, grocery shop, and try to start the week with a clean house. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen because I'm tired. BOO!! If I have to tutor any day of the week, my plans get really screwed up. Egh! I just hope the kids appreciate it someday!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011