Moms in school.

How do you juggle school with spending time with your children? Do you have a job as well?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 5:09 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I started school when my oldest was a baby and I graduated when he was 4, my middle one was 2 and I was 3 months pregnant with my third. I worked full time and went to school at night. For me my DH worked nights so when I wasn't in school I spent all my time, at night with my kids. Since they were little I would study and do home work when they were napping or at night. I also tried to get home work done during lunch time at work so I wouldn't have to do it at home.

I think the key is to just make sure you spend time with your kids.  I always put them to bed at night, when I was home.  I would take them to the park on the weekends.  I was also very up front with my professors so if my kids got sick I could email them and get the work for the week.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Right now I'm not working, so it helps, I don't know how I would do it if I was working. I make sure I do my school work during the week when they are in school themselves. On the week-ends, we each make a list of 5 things we want to do together, and then we spend the week-end going through the list. It's fun. Sometimes, if the weather is bad, we even make lunch a pic-nic on the living-room floor!
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011