My baby's urine has a strong smell to it this week, anyone know what it could be?

My husband and I have noticed our son's urine has a strong odor to it the last couple of days. I think it is because he has had new things added to his diet the last couple of weeks, but, could it be anything else? Should I call his Pediatrician? Thanks for your help.

LuvBeinganAKMom

Asked by LuvBeinganAKMom at 6:30 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its prolly because of what hes being fed. no worries unless hes fussier than normal.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 6:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thanks, I just read that asparagus can cause this and Hunter has been eating that the past couple of days. I will lay off it for a couple of days and see if there is a change if not, I will call his doctor.
    LuvBeinganAKMom

Comment by LuvBeinganAKMom (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• could be the new foods but could also be he needs to be drinking more water. call your Dr. and ask what the recommened liquid intake is for him.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I agree to pull the asparagus and see if it helps...but my first reaction was possible dehydration, so I also agree with Lillie...add some more fluids as well.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It depends on what your eating
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I started giving Hunter more water to drink and stopped the asparagus and the strong smell has disappeared. Thanks for the comments! I hadn't been giving him water, only formula and a little juice because I thought too much water could throw off his electrolytes. He seems to really like the water though.
    LuvBeinganAKMom

Comment by LuvBeinganAKMom (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Mar. 15, 2011