Potty training any advice?

jessirock

Asked by jessirock at 6:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i was having trouble with my little girl and getting no where. One day I ran out of pull ups and my fiancee told my daughter that she didn't have anymore pull ups and she wasn't getting any. he told her she had to wear big girl panties from now on and if she peed in them that she wouldn't have anything to wear. it worked, i never put another pull up on her again, not even at night. she's been potty trained for about 6months and she just now started peeing and pooping in her panties. it doesn't happen all the time but more often than it should. she didn't have accidents in that 6 months before so i know that's not the cause. if i ask her why she did it, she just says she's sorry.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 6:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We just showed the boys how, and then backed off and let them decide when they were ready. With my older son, he showed no interest at all until one day he just got up and used the toilet. He has never had any accidents except when he was sick, and went completely from pull-ups to underwear in one day. For my older son, he was more motivated- he wanted to be a big boy like his brother. So he made the effort, had a few accidents, but as soon as he decided he was ready he tried really hard.
    I guess the best advice I can give is let them go on their own schedule, be encouraging, and DON'T yell at them for accidents.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• my best advice would be to wait until they're ready. http://www.pull-ups.com/na/article_detail.aspx?article=63&phase=0

and don't feel like your child must be trained when they're 2. some kids take another year or two even to get it and that's perfectly normal. 

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 13, 2011