Have you been to Baker College?

What is youur impression of Baker College? I am thinking about returning to schooll this fall.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in

• Baker College out of Michigan? That is where I am currently taking my graduate coursework, and I really do love the college! I have never had a problem that could not be resolved easily. Everyone is typically friendly and helpful. There are some professors I have not enjoyed as much as others, but that is true anywhere.

If you plan on taking one of the online programs (there or anywhere), you will need to be self motivated and make time for your studies. You will probably spend at LEAST the same amount of time on your studies as you would in a traditional course. They heavily score participation, and have multiple due dates each week for assignments, but the flexibility of being able to schedule your schoolwork around your existing schedule is amazing.

If you have any questions beyond that, let me know!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh, I also like that they aren't just an "online school". There are multiple campus locations throughout the state, one of which my sister attended and graduated from in 2009.

They are excellent help with financial aid, and they do offer workstudy options to their online students, most of which you can also perform from home.

I would not hesitate at all to encourage someone to enroll in courses there.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would definitely recommend Baker, because you can continue well beyond what you can do at a community college, and the price is still reasonable. Also, if you plan to attend on campus, you can still take some of your classes online if you wish...which is nice, like in my sister's circumstance, in the semester she was going to be having a baby or the semester she was moving. It was helpful to have options.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thank you. That is my closest option... beyond that is a community college but that is 25 miles away and we only have one vehicle.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011