yaz birth control?

I am researching birth controls, and i am trying to find a good birth control,. i need to be on something that makes my periods regular and shorter. and doesnt make me crabby, i was on a bc pill once that made me really crabby, i was thinking about going on Yaz, i was wondering if you guys could share your experiences with Yaz... ~Thanks

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Health

• i had minimal side effects with yaz but I was really bad at remembering to take it and I got pregnant. Cant complain I love my little booger but I'm on depo prevera now which is a shot you get once every three months and I love it. When I was a teen I was on it and I didnt even have a period for 2 years. SWEET! ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I was on yaz and hated it! It made me crazy. It also raised my potassium levels extremely high so I had to get off of them anyway. I have been on several different types of BC but never had such severe pms and moodiness until I was on yaz. I am not saying that it would be like that for you, that is just my personal experience.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Im loving the Nuvaring its the greatest you put it in for 3 weeks and then take it out for a week and you have your period that week.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 7:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i just stopped my yaz last night. but have been on it for 8 months and it did make my period lighter and shorter. as for moods though it has made me more prone to lonliess and mild depression. everyone responds differently to bc though.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yaz didnt help me. It wasnt worth it.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i've been on tons of different birth controls in the past 5 years, none seemed to have any GOOD side effects. so i tried one called Yasmin, not Yaz, but anyways- i get no cramps, period only comes for 5 days, i'm on a 21day pack, and im not getting bitchy, or having horrible headaches like anything else i tried. not to mention, i had bad acne breakouts on my face when i was pregnant, but as soon as i went on Yasmin, [21 days after my son was born] literally EVERYTHING on my face, pimples, redmarks, etc cleared up completely within 3 weeks!.. i'd talk to your doctor about getting this one, i love it, and know quite a few others who like it aswell.
    Stephanie.Xo

Answer by Stephanie.Xo at 10:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008