Can you tell who votes down an answer?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No, but if someone said thanks for the vote down, it was probably because you were either the original poster of a question, or you disagreed with her answer within the thread, so she assumed it was you. If it bothers you, it's pretty easy to show that it wasn't you by just giving her a vote up. Then if she looks at her answers profile, she can see you voted her up, not down. Or you can just tell her "I didn't vote you down". Or you can ignore it if it doesn't matter. But nobody can tell for sure that it was you who voted down. Can you just imagine that drama? LOL
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Lol, I've been accused of the same when I didn't even read her answer. I gave her a thumbs down for wrongly accusing me though :)
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 8:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No you can't tell who votes down an answer, you can only guess. Many people guess it's the OP just becasue tehy are the ones that have posted the question. However after you've been here for some time you can figure out how some others think and can guess rather accurately as to who it might be. Especially if they person posts a rant in response to your answer, etc. You haven't been here very long so whoever said you were the one voting her down is just making a wild guess becasue she's a little sensitive to differing opinions.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• thanks, was wondering because some lady last night said to me thanks for the vote down when i wasn't the one that did it. so it made me curious.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i just lt it go and didn't say anything because she was being mean anyway. I didn't want to feed that fire. lol
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• accusations run rampant
    avoid P&CE
    vote down central
    Anonymous