When is the best time?

to start planting vegetables and such? I live in Michigan

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I live in Michigan... I have noticed that most people dont really start planting till late April, early May... I rememeber a few years ago we got several days of heavy frost the last week of April .. I wait till memorial weekend, sometimes it varies based on the weather... just be prepared to cover them up if bad weather hits... remember gotta love Michigan Weather it is nearly impossible to predict.
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 6:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If the snow is gone, you can probably plant collards as soon as the ground thaws.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• When the soil temp is at least 45 degrees constantly. LOOK on the back of the seed packages for the best guid for when to plant, OR.....ASK the gardner AT the garden center where you buy plants.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• When all possibilitiy of frost are gone. You can find this out online or by calling your local nursery/garden center.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2011