Would let your teenager get a tattoo?

I wouldn't

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• No, this is too much of a permanent thing, for me to be responsible for.

Answer by older at 9:29 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• nope. they can wait til they're 18 and don't need my permission.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Hell No
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• never. But I do see lots of them and I dont know why their parents allowed it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No. When they are 18 they can do whatever they want, but not until then.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• NO
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• it depends. i had a friend that her daughter used a friend's id and got it when she was under 18 so i rather prevent those things from happening. besides i have two in places that are not seen. i would not let a young teenager do it but maybe late teen. depends on maturaity level and what it was.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would , i got my first 3 tattoos when i was 13 . with my moms permission .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I consider it part of my responsibility as a parent to keep the kids healthy and intact while they're on my watch. Frankly, a child's brain is nowhere near fully developed, and what they believe they'll die if they can't have before they are adults are often the very things they are later thankful were denied them. A teenager is just not mentally equipped to make decisions they'll have to live with for the decades and decades of life yet ahead of them. To paraphrase the old saying, "Act in haste; repent at leisure."
    SnowLepp

Answer by SnowLepp at 10:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Explain to your teenager that as a parent you are responsible for teaching them to become mature, responsible adults and that the training you give them is filled with love and concern for them as a person. Tell them that their body is beautiful without marring it up with ink and pictures, that they have to consider when they are adults that they will be carrying this tattoo around with them for the rest of their life and eventually the skin begins to loose it's elasticity and begins to sag and so will the tattoo. As much as they think the tattoo is cool, ask them to ask adults who have tattoos "Would you tattoo your body if you had to do it all over again?" Most of the people will tell you no, me included. I got a tattoo and I hate it, wish I had never gotten it. If all that doesn't work and they get the tattoo any way , against your wishes, there is a product called Wrecking Balm that removes tattoos. Good luck.
    Helen Elizabeth S.

Answer by Helen Elizabeth S. at 11:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011