Why?

Why is what is happening in Charlie Sheen's personal life so important to so many people?

Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Asked by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 9:13 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• Because we live in a celebrity-obsessed culture. I can't stand it. I look at all the magazine covers when I'm in line at the grocery store and just don't understand why people think that crap is important, who's sleeping with who, or who gained 15 pounds on the set of their last film. But it is obviously the kind of garbage a lot of people love to feed their brains. I only hear what I can't avoid hearing, as in the case of Charlie Sheen. I wish the whole thing would blow over already so Americans can find the next bandwagon to jump on.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Truthfully, you only hear about and from the people that it's important to. I don't even know what's going on with him except it must be something really special since everyone is talking about him. I'm not a fan of gossip and it has no impact on my life.

For some it may be a way to avoid paying attention to real tragedy or their own lives.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:22 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Last week it was Charlie Sheen. This week I am thinking about Japan. I try not to pay much attention to Sheen but it's kind of hard not to watch someone who acts like that.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I am so sick of this man is not even funny!!! it is certainly not important in my life, but I can't seem to turn on the tv and not see it.......................

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have no idea. It seems like there's no way to escape it. Thank goodness for DVRs and other networks that don't feature celebrity news.
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I could care less either way he is the one who messed up now he has to face the consequences
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• For the Magazines ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Don't know, I'm all the time trying to keep dd from reading that crap in the checkout lane
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 4:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I find it funny that I am only getting answers from people who don't care.. I guess the people who do care are too busy reading the tabloids to answer me..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Comment by Obi.Ren.Kenobi (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Mar. 16, 2011