BAd hair cut

Ok so I got my hair cut short, it ended up being shorter then I wanted it, some people have told me it looks good, but my Dh and m om don't like it and it makes me think it looks bad. There is really no way to change the look until it grows out some, so what do I do. Own it and pretend I love it when I don't or wallow and wish it would go it away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• there isn't too much you can do, just give it some time, it might grow on you. if others like it then maybe its just a style you aren't use to having.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I've had bad cuts and every time I looked in the mirror I got frustrated. I didn't wallow but I didn't enjoy it. Eventually it grew enough that I could get it cut into a better style. You don't need to pretend to love it but know that it's not permanent. I should probably throw in as well that a lot of people would love to have hair. My Mom wore a wig when her hair was too thin from the chemo and my neighbour's hair will never come back after her treatments so it might be a good idea to be grateful for what you have.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Become a hat wearer!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:50 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• OWN IT! It's your hair for the moment until it grows out. It's nothing permanent, in your case, it will eventually grow back, hopefully yours doesn't take long. Try to find different things to do, google tips, or ask your stylist (maybe not the one that cut your hair LOL)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Relax and know it will grow back. And you don't have to say you like it. I have had many bad haircuts over the years, had a good cry, and knew it would grow back and I'd try again. I found a wonderful hairdresser and had her do my hair for 15 years. Then we moved and I am on the search again. It is sad, frustrating, and I hate it but it is what it is. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Suck it up cupcake and get the hell over it already. It WILL grow out. What you need is paitence. AND to stop relying on what others think of your looks to fulfill your own inner happiness.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It will grow out. Just wait.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• if you can't change it (or refuse to get it cut), how about finding new and fun ways to style it? If you pm me a picture I can give you a few ideas on how to style some fun and sexy looks with the new do so you don't feel totally cheated on the cut.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• well do you love it? sounds like you are going off of what people say!! it'll always grow back good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• This one surely deserves a bump. So here goes the bump...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 5:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2011