Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to know adult content

hi there me and my partner are trying for a baby but nothing happened just had a phone call any way i can adopt my brothers baby off hm as he not allowed to have them baby not born yet but dont want social service take it way from them how can i do it

Answer Question

Asked by marie201114 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Adoption

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Contact an adoption lawyer to get started. It has to be a legal adoption or you could end up loosing the shile later on.

    Answer by vbruno at 10:05 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • Most lawyers will give a complimentary first time consultation. Find one who specializes in adoption and get some advice. Make sure it is done legally. GL

    Answer by elizabr at 10:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • You could probably set things up as a surrogate situation - which is a simple contract. Less hassle and totally binding.

    Answer by PprmntMochaMama at 10:49 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • If social services does take the child, you can ask to have him or her placed with you as a foster situation. You would have to get certified. Then you could adopt. If your brother and his gf both want to place the baby with you and make that decision before CPS gets involved, you may be able to just have a lawyer guide you through the process. They will need their own lawyer, and both lawyers should specialize in adoption so it is done correctly. You will also need to have a homestudy done.

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 3:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • Marie, I commend you for wanting to "save" your neice/nephew, however, you mention nothing about the young lady who this baby belongs to as well...a very important equation in this. Does SHE wish to surrender her baby, what are the circumstances, how long have you and 'your partner" been together, employment history , own or rent your home, etc...????? You have left too much out to even give an informed opinion:( I wish this Mommy luck, and hopefully your brother can get his act together, before HIS baby is born, and attempt to provide for his child, Good Luck,CJ

    Answer by ceejay1 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • Forgot to mention...Iamgr8teful has given you wise advice1 Also have you considered a Legal Guardianship as oppossed to Adoption? These are all things to consider, however, again I am happy to hear that you wish for your neice nephew to stay with its very own GOD given family, CJ

    Answer by ceejay1 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

  • Contact a lawyer in your state. Please check out my group here on CM, M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable). PM me as well. We just adopted twins 9 months ago.

    Answer by TALuke at 12:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Adoption
Contested Adoption

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
BAd hair cut