Did your parents spoil you as a child?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, but I appreciated everything. That was the key. If we didn't appreciate the things we were given, we weren't given things for a while. We were taught the value of a present - both monetarily and emotionally speaking. Now, I spoil my kids and they appreciate everything as well. No brats who believe they are somehow entitled to things are in this family.
    PprmntMochaMama

Answer by PprmntMochaMama at 10:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No, they could not afford to do so, but they spoiled me with love for sure.......

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• yes, I was the only girl, so everyone spoiled me.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No they made us all work to get what we wanted. They did spoil the crap our of their grandkids though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no, there were 7 of us kids so i didn;t think any of us got spoiled.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well, I got whatever I asked for, but I didnt ask for much, and I was always grateful for what I had.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 9:59 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My mother spoiled me with a new spring coat every couple of years. I loved those coats! Other than that we didn't have enough money for any spoiling.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes, as much as they could. I was an only child for my first 8 years. Then my parents started being foster parents, and the spoiling stopped so much, it was hard with more kids in and out of our home all the time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:19 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes. I was an only child & with the cousins also the only girl. My girl cousin died when I was 1 in a bad car accident so everyone spoiled me I guess because of that.

Answer by gemgem at 10:21 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yes.  I'm an only child.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2011