New Crafts.

I am looking for new crafts to try. Any suggestions? I have done plastic canvas and crocheting and cross stitch and trying to get away from those because I was getting burned out on them.

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 10:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I used to make jewlery and do beading work.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• just started scrapbooking, it's pretty fun!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Have you tried making soap or candles? That was the direction I went when I got burned out on needlecrafts and not only are they fun, you end up with things you can really use. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:11 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love making scrap books. You are able to let your imagination run while. And you can use stuff from scrap books to do other things like make cards or decorate gift bags. You could also start painting wood. Wooden letters or houses or things along that line. Its fun and relaxing!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I don't craft at all, but I see lots and lots of beautiful handcrafted beads and jewelry that sells pretty reseaonably.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:53 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I knit, read, or make jewelry. I do enjoy taking classes at our local craft store to learn new things.
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I know that there are continuing education classes for different arts and crafts you may not have tried before. I am particularly drawn to the stained glass classes. Local colleges also offer some classes too that are cool like jewelry making using an acetylene torch.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am a major Revamper! I love going to goodwills or other thrift stores and redoing something. http://rawpotatoes.blogspot.com/ <--my blog
    iBecky

Answer by iBecky at 12:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I love quilting and sewing but I get that it isn't for everyone... but if you're into the idea, it's a really great hobby. And I make a pretty penny off of it :o)
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 2:00 AM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Try embroidery. I ordered this book and have made quite a few things with it. The book comes with a cd you can pop in the computer to resize and print.

http://www.amazon.com/Doodle-Stitching-Collection-Embroidery-Designs/dp/1600595812/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300216898&sr=8-2

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011